I have been living at Intown Suites in Savannah, Ga for about a month or so. I really like living here- it is close to my job, quiet and just a nice place to be. I was going to stay here until I found an apartment. Apparently, Intown Suites had other ideas.
I was told about the renovations when I checked in. I was told by the front desk rep that when renovations started they would move me to another room.
I came to my studio on Thursday night (2/18/16) to find an "Important Notice" on my bed. (see attachment) The notice was informing me that due to "immediate construction" my studio is not available for renewal. The letter is worded to sound like there will not be rooms available until late spring. My move out day on my renewal day, which is Friday, February 19, 2016. THAT IS TOMORROW and guess what, despite what I was told when I checked in- I WASN'T EVEN OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM. I went online to see if I could make another reservation. Nope. No rooms for reservations but some rooms "may" be available on a first come, first serve basis.
I called the front desk, no answer. I called the 800 number and was connected to reservations. That rep gave me the number of customer service- which in turn asked me to contact the general manager on site (kind of hard to do when phone calls aren't answered or replied to). I left two messages.
The note even had the nerve of stating that they are sorry for any inconvenience and that they hope I will be back in the Spring.
I guess Intown Suites believe that being homeless is an "inconvenience". Because that is what is going to happen. Thank God I have the funds to go someplace else. But what about those who don't. I guess I am supposed to call out at work-lose a day of work and a day of pay- to move out when I wasn't given proper notice. And they expect me to come back? Really?
If there was a way to be out of this place tonight, I would. I still cannot believe it- how do you evict someone without any advance notice? I can't miss work because they want to play games with people and their lives.
I am so upset, angry and hurt, I don't know what to do. I worked all day and went to class. The last thing I want to do tonight is pack but of course Intown cares nothing about that.
I would accept another room, if only for a few days until I secure a permanent apartment. I don't get off work until four. I am not going to go out of my way for them at all.
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I get off work at about four fifteen. Let me come up here tomorrow and see any of my things or belongings outside.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Flat out lied to about moving to another room during renovation.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Intown Suites Savannah Extended Stay
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "While visiting Cozumel the week before Christmas with our family, we were approached on multiple occasions by a man named Pedro. Literally to the point we actually believed he was..."
- "It appears that “Las Palmas Travel Network” (LPTN) may be a new scam connected to what’s going on at Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka Bahia Turquesas). ** Coco Sunset Vacation Club (aka..."
- "I purchased a dress online 12-20-12 after reading the return policy and received it 1-4-13. I opened the package and I was very disappointed in the quality..."
- ""THE WORST PLACE EVER TO TRY AND BUY SOMETHING! HERE'S THE ACTUAL BBB HISTORY FOR MY ON-GOING ORDEAL: I purchased a locket on this PicturesOnGold.com site. The locket was advertised with..."
- "I purchased a Samsung Dryer at the Savannah Georgia location and scheduled a delivery for February 20th. The dryer was delivered and installed. That afternoon my son-n-law..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."