100% full Not resolved
3.0

I have been living at Intown Suites in Savannah, Ga for about a month or so. I really like living here- it is close to my job, quiet and just a nice place to be. I was going to stay here until I found an apartment. Apparently, Intown Suites had other ideas.

I was told about the renovations when I checked in. I was told by the front desk rep that when renovations started they would move me to another room.

I came to my studio on Thursday night (2/18/16) to find an "Important Notice" on my bed. (see attachment) The notice was informing me that due to "immediate construction" my studio is not available for renewal. The letter is worded to sound like there will not be rooms available until late spring. My move out day on my renewal day, which is Friday, February 19, 2016. THAT IS TOMORROW and guess what, despite what I was told when I checked in- I WASN'T EVEN OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM. I went online to see if I could make another reservation. Nope. No rooms for reservations but some rooms "may" be available on a first come, first serve basis.

I called the front desk, no answer. I called the 800 number and was connected to reservations. That rep gave me the number of customer service- which in turn asked me to contact the general manager on site (kind of hard to do when phone calls aren't answered or replied to). I left two messages.

The note even had the nerve of stating that they are sorry for any inconvenience and that they hope I will be back in the Spring.

I guess Intown Suites believe that being homeless is an "inconvenience". Because that is what is going to happen. Thank God I have the funds to go someplace else. But what about those who don't. I guess I am supposed to call out at work-lose a day of work and a day of pay- to move out when I wasn't given proper notice. And they expect me to come back? Really?

If there was a way to be out of this place tonight, I would. I still cannot believe it- how do you evict someone without any advance notice? I can't miss work because they want to play games with people and their lives.

I am so upset, angry and hurt, I don't know what to do. I worked all day and went to class. The last thing I want to do tonight is pack but of course Intown cares nothing about that.

I would accept another room, if only for a few days until I secure a permanent apartment. I don't get off work until four. I am not going to go out of my way for them at all.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I get off work at about four fifteen. Let me come up here tomorrow and see any of my things or belongings outside.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "flat out lied to about moving to another room during renovation." of intown suites room and associated monetary loss in the amount of $311. Intown Suites needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned intown suites room in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Intown Suites.

Had an Experience with Intown Suites?

Comments

Help me out here, you're scrambling to find a new home but you have time to waste, going online and filing a complaint.

That makes zero sense

to Anonymous #1115225

Great question!Here is clarification: I was doing both (apartment search and complaint) at the same time online.

It is called multi-tasking.I actually saved time by doing both at the same time, not wasting it.

to Anonymous #1116141

This is the author of the complaint- I can't seem to log in under my logon or password.I appreciate the comment- I can see how it would look like a waste of time but it really wasn't.

I did both that night online- look for another place (hotel) and the complaint. If anything, I saved time.

I did find another place and is currently looking at apartments ( I hope to have one by the weekend).Thanks again for the comment.