Intown Suites- No Notice Move Out Notice

I have been living at Intown Suites in Savannah, Ga for about a month or so. I really like living here- it is close to my job, quiet and just a nice place to be. I was going to stay here until I found an apartment. Apparently, Intown Suites had other ideas.

I was told about the renovations when I checked in. I was told by the front desk rep that when renovations started they would move me to another room.

I came to my studio on Thursday night (2/18/16) to find an "Important Notice" on my bed. (see attachment) The notice was informing me that due to "immediate construction" my studio is not available for renewal. The letter is worded to sound like there will not be rooms available until late spring. My move out day on my renewal day, which is Friday, February 19, 2016. THAT IS TOMORROW and guess what, despite what I was told when I checked in- I WASN'T EVEN OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM. I went online to see if I could make another reservation. Nope. No rooms for reservations but some rooms "may" be available on a first come, first serve basis.

I called the front desk, no answer. I called the 800 number and was connected to reservations. That rep gave me the number of customer service- which in turn asked me to contact the general manager on site (kind of hard to do when phone calls aren't answered or replied to). I left two messages.

The note even had the nerve of stating that they are sorry for any inconvenience and that they hope I will be back in the Spring.

I guess Intown Suites believe that being homeless is an "inconvenience". Because that is what is going to happen. Thank God I have the funds to go someplace else. But what about those who don't. I guess I am supposed to call out at work-lose a day of work and a day of pay- to move out when I wasn't given proper notice. And they expect me to come back? Really?

If there was a way to be out of this place tonight, I would. I still cannot believe it- how do you evict someone without any advance notice? I can't miss work because they want to play games with people and their lives.

I am so upset, angry and hurt, I don't know what to do. I worked all day and went to class. The last thing I want to do tonight is pack but of course Intown cares nothing about that.

I would accept another room, if only for a few days until I secure a permanent apartment. I don't get off work until four. I am not going to go out of my way for them at all.

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I get off work at about four fifteen. Let me come up here tomorrow and see any of my things or belongings outside.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Flat out lied to about moving to another room during renovation.
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Intown Suites Savannah Extended Stay
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #793200

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Intown Suites? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 19 #1114428

Help me out here, you're scrambling to find a new home but you have time to waste, going online and filing a complaint.
That makes zero sense

1 2 Reply

Feb 20 #1115225

Great question! Here is clarification: I was doing both (apartment search and complaint) at the same time online. It is called multi-tasking. I actually saved time by doing both at the same time, not wasting it.

1 0 Reply

Feb 22 #1116141

This is the author of the complaint- I can't seem to log in under my logon or password. I appreciate the comment- I can see how it would look like a waste of time but it really wasn't. I did both that night online- look for another place (hotel) and the complaint. If anything, I saved time. I did find another place and is currently looking at apartments ( I hope to have one by the weekend). Thanks again for the comment.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Intown Suites. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Intown Suites.
Filing a new complaint about