I have been living at Intown Suites in Savannah, Ga for about a month or so. I really like living here- it is close to my job, quiet and just a nice place to be. I was going to stay here until I found an apartment. Apparently, Intown Suites had other ideas.
I was told about the renovations when I checked in. I was told by the front desk rep that when renovations started they would move me to another room.
I came to my studio on Thursday night (2/18/16) to find an "Important Notice" on my bed. (see attachment) The notice was informing me that due to "immediate construction" my studio is not available for renewal. The letter is worded to sound like there will not be rooms available until late spring. My move out day on my renewal day, which is Friday, February 19, 2016. THAT IS TOMORROW and guess what, despite what I was told when I checked in- I WASN'T EVEN OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM. I went online to see if I could make another reservation. Nope. No rooms for reservations but some rooms "may" be available on a first come, first serve basis.
I called the front desk, no answer. I called the 800 number and was connected to reservations. That rep gave me the number of customer service- which in turn asked me to contact the general manager on site (kind of hard to do when phone calls aren't answered or replied to). I left two messages.
The note even had the nerve of stating that they are sorry for any inconvenience and that they hope I will be back in the Spring.
I guess Intown Suites believe that being homeless is an "inconvenience". Because that is what is going to happen. Thank God I have the funds to go someplace else. But what about those who don't. I guess I am supposed to call out at work-lose a day of work and a day of pay- to move out when I wasn't given proper notice. And they expect me to come back? Really?
If there was a way to be out of this place tonight, I would. I still cannot believe it- how do you evict someone without any advance notice? I can't miss work because they want to play games with people and their lives.
I am so upset, angry and hurt, I don't know what to do. I worked all day and went to class. The last thing I want to do tonight is pack but of course Intown cares nothing about that.
I would accept another room, if only for a few days until I secure a permanent apartment. I don't get off work until four. I am not going to go out of my way for them at all.
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I get off work at about four fifteen. Let me come up here tomorrow and see any of my things or belongings outside.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Flat out lied to about moving to another room during renovation.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Intown Suites Savannah Extended Stay
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Do Not Stay at the Howard Johnsons In Newark, NJ. I stayed there and got Bed bugs All over me.They called me a Liar. I Called the Health Dept. This..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "We made a reservation for two weeks because we were in transition from our apartment when the lease was up, until we go to germany due to a PCS. We..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- ""THE WORST PLACE EVER TO TRY AND BUY SOMETHING! HERE'S THE ACTUAL BBB HISTORY FOR MY ON-GOING ORDEAL: I purchased a locket on this PicturesOnGold.com site. The locket was advertised with..."
- "USAUTO in savannah sold me a Chrysler 300 with a broken rear subframe...now they wont talk to me.Eric Richardson. Im buying rear tires like every two weeks now...."
- "Delia is a backyard breeder and a puppy mil she will buy your dog complain about anything to force your hand to refund some money s back then she will..."