I have been living at Intown Suites in Savannah, Ga for about a month or so. I really like living here- it is close to my job, quiet and just a nice place to be. I was going to stay here until I found an apartment. Apparently, Intown Suites had other ideas.
I was told about the renovations when I checked in. I was told by the front desk rep that when renovations started they would move me to another room.
I came to my studio on Thursday night (2/18/16) to find an "Important Notice" on my bed. (see attachment) The notice was informing me that due to "immediate construction" my studio is not available for renewal. The letter is worded to sound like there will not be rooms available until late spring. My move out day on my renewal day, which is Friday, February 19, 2016. THAT IS TOMORROW and guess what, despite what I was told when I checked in- I WASN'T EVEN OFFERED ANOTHER ROOM. I went online to see if I could make another reservation. Nope. No rooms for reservations but some rooms "may" be available on a first come, first serve basis.
I called the front desk, no answer. I called the 800 number and was connected to reservations. That rep gave me the number of customer service- which in turn asked me to contact the general manager on site (kind of hard to do when phone calls aren't answered or replied to). I left two messages.
The note even had the nerve of stating that they are sorry for any inconvenience and that they hope I will be back in the Spring.
I guess Intown Suites believe that being homeless is an "inconvenience". Because that is what is going to happen. Thank God I have the funds to go someplace else. But what about those who don't. I guess I am supposed to call out at work-lose a day of work and a day of pay- to move out when I wasn't given proper notice. And they expect me to come back? Really?
If there was a way to be out of this place tonight, I would. I still cannot believe it- how do you evict someone without any advance notice? I can't miss work because they want to play games with people and their lives.
I am so upset, angry and hurt, I don't know what to do. I worked all day and went to class. The last thing I want to do tonight is pack but of course Intown cares nothing about that.
I would accept another room, if only for a few days until I secure a permanent apartment. I don't get off work until four. I am not going to go out of my way for them at all.
Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I get off work at about four fifteen. Let me come up here tomorrow and see any of my things or belongings outside.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Flat out lied to about moving to another room during renovation.
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Intown Suites Savannah Extended Stay
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "Worst motel 6 i have Ever stayed at! It had lots of black mold!! Black mold in the shower and soap dishes! I have Photosof everything but the black mold..."
- "I tried leaving this review on Modlily, but it seems they have a 'glitch'. I'm 5'4" 145lbs. Not a huge person, not a tiny person. I usually wear a medium...."
- "Black Friday GNC advertised Fitbit One for $9.99 and Fitbit Flex for $39.99. I order immediately on fri. (6) Fitbit One's for my kids/grandkids and 2 FB Flex for myself/husband...."
- "I bought a girls hoodie online 3 months ago. Thinking by now I would never receive anything, that i did receive in the mail looks like NOTHING of what I..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."